Sunday, August 07, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EMPOY


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Empoy




If you think it isn’t another sappy love story you’re sitting down to, then be forewarned. Because it probably is. And make it with double doses of syrupy sweet musings.
It’s the little things that keeps us freshly and crazily in love everyday, certainly takes two hands to clap...
I know I haven’t exactly been penning down our personal love story (not quite much, hehehe), depicting it with pictures and emotional thoughts.



For something which we thought would only be a "friends with benefits",  blossomed into something worth fighting for and looking forward to, each fleeting day.

But now, a couple of years has passed; marking milestone on our "friendship". I can never forget how you asked me for lunch at  Florence, Tuscany (which at first i thought via Firenze (one of the streets in Rome) and little did you know that while hearing your invitation over the phone makes me giggle)...the supposedly "lunch" was ended on a pack of pringles, a box of gums and gummy candies while roaming around florence; a dinner at Mc Donalds (one of my unforgettable McDo ever)...:)


Duomo di Firenze

You are indeed "not" one of the most patient, but you're open mindedness and tolerance  with lots of empathy, warmth and tender loving care that I’ve ever known. Cajoling me and subsiding my bawls whenever I get lonesome and often, putting up with my misfit of a much dreaded long distance relationship.

...And someone to annoy you by constantly spoiling your self-indulged camwhore moments! but I love you all the same....rawwwrrrr!



During my PMS-sy days, I always question myself as to why I even bother putting so much effort holding on to what might seem to be a virtual relationship and living a life counting the days to the next time we see each other again. Really. It’s tiring. But again, you would never give up on me neither wanting me to ever give up.

Often I get inspired by my other friends who are, themselves, in an LDR too. Sure, predicaments will come and go, but one must never forget the pulsating reason why you both embarked on this journey of test and time in the first place.
As corny as it may sound, the reason is because you have found the right person. Sure, we bicker at times but we all should never forget that there is always an option to agree and to  disagree. Differences come and go but then again, it’s what makes every individual so one of a kind.





 "May your bills skyrocket and absence makes the heart grow fonder."
Surprises, love notes, gifts, heart to heart moments, getaway trips together, random bursts of sweet talk and spending time with each other on the phone 'til we fall asleep. Thank technology for e-mails, SMS, calls , Yahoo messenger and Skype.



It is exactly 700 days  physically separated but loyally committed to an LDR (long distance relationship).  I must say I’m proud of us! Even if there were some  harsh days and  we think of, giving up,  is the best solution there is. Yet   , we stand by it. Argue with it, then we make up. But like everybody says, making up after a fight is always the sweetest. I bet every couple can attest to that. Guaranteed! There were days when all we could say is how much we love each other. It’s quite fun to always sneakily plan surprises for each other to unfold when we finally meet again.

i am here in Rome, Italy...
 
...and you're here in Sydney, Australia 10140.778 miles away from me
Although being physically apart from you can be painful at times, I’m thankful how it made us grow as one, not taking each other for granted and getting to know each other better and better as time passes. What’s the 1st few years of physical distance compared to eternity of a lifetime relationship after?

Thank you dearest Emz. My only wish though – I just can’t wait for the day we can finally lift this DISTANCE into having become at least, in the same vicinity. And there, another love story begins!


Happy  Anniversary sweetie
… and more to come!
 

1 comment:

  1. aaaaww this is so sweet!! and very touching...i wish I have the time to do something like this for my man..

    keep the love alive, Gwenz..my prayers for both of you..mwaah!

    ReplyDelete

Search