A traditional Northern American Rolls (buns)
I am on my second trimester of my pregnancy. At night when i can't go to sleep immediately i read some cookbooks and started thinking of baking all those recipe the very next day. Today, i decided to try baking my own home made cinnamon rolls.
700 grams all-purpose flour
1 package (7 grams) active dry yeast
1 cup (240 ml) full cream milk
1/3 cup (75 grams) unsalted butter
1/3 cup (66 grams) granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter cold (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)3 Tbsp. light cream
- In a bowl stir together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender or two knives or big fork, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Using a Rolling pin. Roll the dough into a 16 inch square.
- Sprinkle the filling evenly over the rolled out dough and top with raisins (if desired).
- Lightly brush one end of the dough with a little light cream (to seal the edges of the rolls).
- Roll the dough to form a log, starting at the end opposite the edge you brushed with cream.
- Slice the log into equal-sized pieces.
- Arrange rolls in a greased glass or baking pan lined with a wax paper.
- Cover rolls loosely with lightly greased plastic wrap, leaving room for rolls to rise, at room temperature, until almost doubled (about 1 hour).
- You can refrigerate the Cinnamon Rolls overnight (up to 24 hours) if you decide not to bake it immediately. Next morning, remove the rolls from the refrigerator, take off the plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for about half an hour.)
- Break any surface bubbles with a toothpick.
- Lightly brush rolls with light cream.
- Bake in a 200 degrees C oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till light brown, and a toothpick inserted into one of the buns, comes out clean.
- Remove rolls from oven. Brush again with light cream.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
1-2 cups powdered (confectioners or icing) sugar
1 - 2 tablespoons light cream or ( full cream milk)
3 Tbsps. of butter